Have you ever wondered what time of day tends to promote more consistent exercise? A report featuring data from hundreds of thousands of Jawbone users answers that question and offers other insights—on exercise and mood, for example, and on times when particular workouts are most popular. Combined with a weight loss calculator, wearable tech can be a game changer for weight loss.
Here are a few highlights from that report:
- People who exercise at 6:00 AM tend to exercise most consistently.
- Those who exercise 7 days a week report the highest levels of happiness.
- Weightlifting and running experience spikes from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM and from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
- Yoga and Pilates see spikes at 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- Zumba® classes see the greatest attendance at 6:00 PM.
IDEA Fitness Journal, Volume 13, Issue 2
Permission to reprint this material has been granted by the copyright owner, IDEA Health & Fitness Association www.ideafit.com and Active Interest Media. All rights reserved. Reprinting without permission is strictly prohibited.
P.S. Did you know? ClubConnect is now the number one resource for health clubs. We power the education and development for over 4,500 health clubs and growing. Learn more about how we help health club managers, directors and owners here.