Looking for a new group fitness instructor? Creating a solid job description is key to attracting the right talent.
The role of a group fitness instructor is to lead safe, effective and enjoyable group fitness classes. While salary information and group fitness instructor requirements and responsibilities will change from club to club, we've compiled some basic information to help point you in the right direction.
Our gym is looking for group fitness instructors who are passionate about helping people achieve their fitness goals. We are looking for group fitness instructors who can choreograph routines, choose appropriate music, effectively cue participants, and more.
- Hold a current NCCA group fitness certification
- Have a CPR/AED certification
- Maintain a positive and energetic attitude
- Be passionate about fitness
- Have 1-2 years of experience leading group fitness classes
- Lead group fitness classes according to the assigned schedule
- Teach safe, effective exercises to a variety of populations
- Maintain a current NCCA group fitness certification
- Wear proper uniform
- Adhere to employee standards of conduct
- Complete all required staff training
- Record all hours accurately
For more gym job descriptions, click here.
P.S. Did you know? ClubConnect is now the number one resource for gyms and health clubs. We power the education and development for over 4,500 health clubs and growing. Learn more about how we help health club managers, directors and owners here.