Are you looking to write a personal trainer job description, but aren't sure where to start? You've come to the right place.
The role of a personal trainer is to help clients achieve their fitness goals. While salary information and personal trainer requirements and responsibilities will change from club to club, we've compiled some basic information to help point you in the right direction.
Below is a personal trainer job description sample that can help you in creating a job application that will attract qualified personal trainers.
Our gym is looking for personal trainers who have a passion for helping people achieve their fitness goals. We are looking for trainers who can perform fitness assessments for new clients and design workout programs tailored to client goals. The trainer should be able oversee their clients performing the exercises during their session and demonstrate exercises themselves.
- Have a NCCA personal training certification
- Have a CPR/AED certification
- Maintain a positive and energetic attitude
- Be passionate about fitness
- Have 1-2 years of personal training experience preferred
- If you are taking personal training courses in the UK, you need to first get your Level 2 and then your Level 3 diploma.
- Conduct fitness assessments for clients
- Deliver a professional and comprehensive personal training program for each client to help them reach their goals
- Record all hours accurately
- Wear proper uniform
- Adhere to employee standards of conduct
- Complete all required staff training
P.S. Did you know? ClubConnect is now the number one resource for health clubs and gyms. We power the education and development for over 4,500 health clubs and growing. Learn more about how we help health club managers, directors and owners here.